The publication rules of the GrowH! study are currently being developed and will be made available soon.
Results of the GrowH! study will be listed here as soon as published.
Börnhorst C, Ahrens W, De Henauw S, Hunsberger M, Molnár D, Moreno LA, Russo P, Schreuder A, Sina E, Tornaritis M, Vandevijvere S, Veidebaum T, Vrijkotte T, Wijnant K, Wolters M, on behalf of the GrowH! Consortium. Age-specific quantification of overweight/obesity risk factors from infancy to adolescence and differences by educational level of parents. Int J Publ Health. 2023;68. https://doi.org/10.3389/ijph.2023.1605798
Börnhorst C, Pigeot I, De Henauw S, Formisano A, Lissner L, Molnar D, Moreno LA, Tornaritis M, Veidebaum T, Vrijkotte T, Didelez V, Wolters M, on behalf of the GrowH! consortium. The effects of hypothetical behavioral interventions on the 13-year incidence of overweight/obesity in children and adolescents. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 20, 100 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12966-023-01501-6
- De Miguel-Etayo P, Belmon L, Moreno LA, Altenburg T, on behalf of the GrowH! Consortium. Chic@s en Acción: Creciendo Sanos! Adaptando el proyecto holandés “Kids in Action” al contexto de España (Chic@s en Acción: Growing Up Healthy! Adapting the Dutch "Kids in Action" project to the Spanish context). In: Rev Esp Nutr Hum Diet. 2022; 26(Supl. 3): 4-5. Abstract at the 5th Congress of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics – Challenges in Communication, Marketing and Food: 25-26 November 2022; Logroño, Spain.
- Fliegner L, Knoblauch J, Rataj E. Start eines Hausbesuchsprogramms zur Stärkung der Gesundheit von Familien in Bremen (Launch of a home visit programme programme to strengthen the health of families in Bremen). Impu!se. 2022 June; [2 p]. Available from https://www.gesundheit-nds.de/fileadmin/Publikationen/Impulse/impulse-nr115-web.pdf
- Foraita R, Witte J, Börnhorst C, Gwozdz W, Pala V, Lissner L, et al. A longitudinal causal graph analysis investigating modifiable risk factors and obesity in a European cohort of children and adolescents. medRxiv. 2022. Pre-print available online.
- Schreuder A, Börnhorst C, Wolters M, Veidebaum T, Tornaritis M, Sina S, Russo P, Moreno LA, Molnár D, Lissner L, De Henauw S, Ahrens W, Vrijkotte T, on behalf of the GrowH! Consortium. Population trajectories and age-dependent associations of obesity risk factors with BMI from childhood to adolescence across European regions: a two-cohort study. Pediatr Obes. Fortcoming
Key publications from related studies
- Ahrens et al. Cohort profile: the transition from childhood to adolescence in European children–how I.Family extends the IDEFICS cohort. Int J Epidemiol 2017;46:1394-5j
- Pigeot, Baranowski, De Henauw. The IDEFICS intervention trial to prevent childhood obesity: design and study methods. Obes Rev 2015;16(Suppl 2):4-15
- van Eijsden et al. Cohort profile: the Amsterdam Born Children and their Development (ABCD) study. Int J Epidemiol 2011;40:1176-86
- Anselma et al. Kids in Action: the protocol of a Youth Participatory Action Research project to promote physical activity and dietary behaviour. BMJ Open 2019;9:e025584
- Anselma et al. Co-designing obesity prevention interventions together with children: intervention mapping meets youth-led participatory action research. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 2019;16:130
- de Hoog et al. The role of infant feeding practices in the explanation for ethnic differences in infant growth: the Amsterdam Born Children and their Development study. Br J Nutr 2011;106:1592-601
- de Hoog et al. Overweight at age two years in a multi-ethnic cohort (ABCD study): the role of prenatal factors, birth outcomes and postnatal factors. BMC Public Health 2011;11:611
- Vrijkotte et al. Growth patterns from birth to overweight at age 5-6 years of children with various backgrounds in socioeconomic status and country of origin: the ABCD study. Pediatr Obes 2020;15:e12635
- Haines et al. Guelph Family Health Study: pilot study of a home-based obesity prevention intervention. Can J Public Health 2018;109:549-60